Thank you so much for attending our workshop at the Plant Based Nation Event!
Here is the information we promised.
- My food is DELICIOUS and SATISFYING. I prepare food happily and eat calmly.
- My doctor and I are happy with my overall health and weight.
- I eat in moderation, paying attention to what serves my individual health.
- I breathe deeply and before satisfying a craving with food, I move my body (biking, walking, dancing) or lie down with my feet up against a wall and breathe slowly.
- I prepare my body for the food I am going to eat – I chew thoroughly to activate enzymes, I turn my awareness to my digestive system and away from my worries.
- I create environments to live and work in that are pleasurable to my senses, conducive to my purpose for the room.
- Conversations around me support my overall goals. I am able to happily or peacefully digest each day’s occurrences before going to bed.
Tantric Energy Practice
Before sitting down to one of your meals each day begin with 1 full minute of breathing practice. You can choose to breathe slow and deeply or to practice a specific pranayam such as the Breath of Fire (youtube it if you do not know it). Doing this will activate your body and calm your mind in order to receive the nutrients from the food.
Seeding Celebration Mylk
4 C water
1 C pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp dried cranberries (unsweeted/naturally sweetened, soaked for 20 mins)
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or pumpkin pie spice.
Sweeten if desired to taste.
Blend the pumpkin seeds and water. Strain through nutmilk bag or cheesecloth to make a silky milk. Blend with cranberries and seasonings.
Play with the consistency of the above recipe to make a pudding, instead of nutmylk. Depending on how thick you make this, it can end up tasting like a delicious no-rice pudding! There is no right or wrong. You can start with the suggestions below.
2 C water and 1 C pumpkin seeds
Partially Strain through a nutmilk bag OR Do not strain at all. This seed pulp creates the consistency of “rice”
1 tsp cranberries and 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon/nutmeg/pumpkin pie spice
Blend in up to 2 more Cups of water slowly to achieve your desired consistency.